The 2-Port USB Dual-Link DVI Cable KVM Switch with Audio from IOGEAR represents a simple method for sharing one dual-link DVI monitor, mouse, keyboard, speaker set and microphone between two computers. The product supports 32 bit color at resolutions up to 2560x1600 and its mouse and keyboard emulation ensures uninterrupted operation when switching computers.
It utilizes 2 convenient switching methods; the first is a simple pushbutton on a remote switch that fits on any desired locations on your desk, and the second is by hotkey that allows you to independently switch and control functions between computers.
Equipped with IOGEAR's DynaSync* technology which remembers your monitor's ideal resolution and refresh rate, the GCS982U boots all your computers simultaneously and switches back and forth between the two computers while still maintaining the ideal resolution of the monitor.
*IOGEAR’s DynaSync provides the EDID support for Windows 7
- One dual-link DVI console controls two dual-link DVI / USB computers
- Dual-link DVI resolution up to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
- Port switching via remote switch button, mouse or hotkeys
- Hotkeys allows independent KVM and audio switching between computers
- 2.1 stereo sound and microphone support
USB 2.0 Peripheral Sharing via mouse port - Connect a powered USB hub to expand your USB connectivity*
- IOGEAR's DynaSync** technology reads and remembers the monitor's parameters (EDID) so there is no delay or change of video resolution when switching between, or booting computers
- USB mouse and keyboard emulation for error-free boot-up and instantaneous recognition when switching computers
- Power-On Detection – If one of the computers is powered off, it will automatically switch to the next powered-on computer
- Re-programmable Hotkey activation for keyboards without a Scroll Lock key
- Mouse emulation can be disabled to support mice with special keys
- Mac and Sun keyboard support
- Firmware upgradeable
- Plug-n-Play; No software required
*Mouse emulation must be disabled for this feature to function correctly
**IOGEAR's DynaSync provides the EDID support for Windows 7
Function GCS982U Computer Connections Direct 2 Console Connection 1 Port Selection Hotkey, Mouse or Remote Switch Button Console Connectors Keyboard 1 x USB Type A Female Mouse 1 x USB Type A Female Monitor 1 x Dual-Link DVI-D Female Audio 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green) Microphone 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink) CPU Connectors Keyboard & Mouse 4 x USB Type A Male (Purple for Keyboard and Black for Mouse) Monitor 2 x Dual-Link DVI-D Male Audio 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Male (Green) Microphone 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Male (Pink) LEDs Port ID 2 x Green Cable Length 1.2m Emulation Keyboard USB Mouse USB Switches F/W Upgrade USB Video Resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz; DDC2B Scan Interval Default 5 Seconds (3, 5, 10 or 20 sec.) Environment Operation Temperature 0~50C Storage Temperature -20~60C Humidity 0~80% RH; Non-condensing Housing Case Plastic Dimensions GCS982U POP Information 10'' Peg Hook 3 6'' Peg Hook 2 Unit Dimensions Width 4.75 in. [12.1 cm] Height 3.75 in. [9.5 cm] Depth 1 in. [2.5 cm] Unit Package Dimensions Width 6.5 in. [15.9 cm] Height 9.25 in. [23.5 cm] Depth 2.75 in. [7.0 cm] Master Carton Width 9.5 in. [24.1 cm] Height 7.5 in. [19.1 cm] Depth 16.25 in. [41.3 cm] Master Carton Qty. 6 Weight Master Carton Wt. 9.85 lbs [4.47 kg] Unit Pack Wt. 1.50 lbs. [0.68 kg] Unit Wt. 1.20 lbs [0.54 kg]