The IOGEAR 2-port USB DVI Dual-Link Secure KVM Switch allows one USB console to control 2 computers and offers additional security features for government and military environment where security is imperative. The IOGEAR GCS1212TAA is NIAP-CERTIFIED - Validated to EAL2+ security requirements, with Peripheral Sharing Switch Protection Profile v2.1, which is the most updated level of validation.
NIAP announced the new strategy to verify all peripheral switches such as KVMs to EAL 2+, in September 07, 2010. The new strategy also updated Peripheral Sharing Switch Protection Profile to v2.1. The Protection Profile specifies U.S. Department of Defense minimum-security requirements for peripheral switches; which enable a single set of human interface devices to be shared between multiple computers. Version 2.1 is the highest latest Protection Profile since the last assurance maintenance which occurred on September 07, 2010. (Refer to the NIAP U.S. Government Approved Protection Profiles website http://www.niap-ccevs.org/pp/, and the NIAP Products and Protection Profiles in Evaluation website http://www.niap-ccevs.org/in_evaluation/)
Additional hardware security includes tamper-evident tape, chassis intrusion detection, and tamper-proof hardware, while software security includes restricted USB connectivity – non HIDs (Human Interface Devices) are ignored when switching – an isolated channel per port that makes it impossible for data to be transferred between secure and unsecure computers, and automatic clearing of the keyboard and mouse buffer.
By combining physical security with controlled USB connectivity, the GCS1212TAA gives you the means to consolidate multiple workstations of various security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse (KVM) console.
1. The National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) is a United States government initiative to meet the security testing needs of IT consumers and manufacturers. It is operated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
2. The GCS1212TAA additionally satisfies Evaluation Assurance Level 2 (EAL2+) requirements for Peripheral Sharing Switch (PSS) for Human Interface Devices Protection Profile v2.1. Version 2.1 is the highest latest Protection Profile since the last assurance maintenance which occurred on September 07, 2010. (Refer to the NIAP U.S. Government Approved Protection Profiles website http://www.niap-ccevs.org/pp/, and the NIAP Products and Protection Profiles in Evaluation website http://www.niap-ccevs.org/in_evaluation/)
3. IOGEAR Secure KVMs are TAA compliant.
- 2-PORT USB DVI SECURE KVM SWITCH
One USB console controls2 secure computers
- PORT SELECTION VIA PUSHBUTTON ONLY TO ENHANCE SECURITY
(OSD, hotkey methods are not allowed)
Validated to EAL2+ security requirements
- ISOLATED CHANNEL PER PORT
Makes it impossible for data to be transferred between computers
- TAMPER-EVIDENT TAPE
Provides a visual indication of any attempt to gain access to the switch's internal components
- CHASSIS INTRUSION DETECTION
If the cover is removed from the switch, the unit becomes inoperable and the LEDs flash
- TAMPER-PROOF HARDWARE
All integrated circuits are soldered directly to the circuit board to prevent tampering with the components
- NON-REPORGRAMMABLE ROM
Prevents tampering and attempts to reprogram the switch's firmware
- CLEARS KEYBOARD BUFFER
Keyboard data is automatically cleared after transmission to the switch
- MULTIPLATFORM SUPPORT
Windows 2000 / XP / Vista, Linux, Mac, & Sun
- SUPERIOR VIDEO QUALITY
2560 x 1600 (DVI Dual-Link), 1920 x 1200 (DVI Single Link) and 2048 x 1536 (DVI-A)
- RUGGED METAL ENCLOSURE
- BUILT-IN INTERNAL POWER
- SPEAKER AND MICROPHONE SUPPORT
- 2-PORT USB DVI SECURE KVM SWITCH
Function GCS1212TAA CPU Connectors Mouse USB Keyboard USB Monitor Dual Link DVI Microphone Yes Audio 2.1 Console Connectors Mouse USB Keyboard USB Monitor Dual Link DVI Microphone Yes Audio 2.1 Power Voltage 5 Vdc Amps 2 A LEDs Selected Bright Orange On Line Dim Orange Auto Scan Blinking Orange USB Peripherals Green Port Selection Holt Key / Manual Connectors Video Input Dual Link DVI Video Output Dual Link DVI Dimensions GCS1212TAA Unit Dimensions Width 6.0 in [15.5 cm] Height 1.75 in [4.4 cm] Length 13.1 in [33.4 cm] Unit Package Dimensions Width 17 in. [43.2 cm] Height 3.5 in. [8.9 cm] Depth 8.75 in. [22.2 cm] Master Carton Width 17.5 in. [44.5 cm] Height 9.5 in. [24.1 cm] Depth 11.5 in [29.2 cm] Master Carton Qty. 3 Weight Master Carton Wt. 16 lbs. [7.3 kg] Unit Wt. 3.65 lbs. [1.7 kg] Physical Properties Unit Weight 3.65 lbs. [1.7 kg] Housing Metal Unit Weight with package 4.85 lbs. [2.2kg]