IOGEAR's GCS1642 2-Port Dual View DVI KVMP Switch marks a leap in KVM functionality by combining IOGEAR's DynaSync with the widescreen graphics resolution of today's 30+ inch monitors, supporting Dual View / Dual Link DVI, 2560 x 1600 (higher than 1080p HD) and 3D graphics. Two Dual-View / Dual Link display computers can be accessed and controlled from a single console running dual-displays.
This unique KVMP can increase efficiency and save equipment cost for applications where high resolution, 3D graphics, large or widescreen dual-display monitors are required, for situations such as:
• CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing)
• Desktop Publishing / Graphic Design / Video Editing
• Medical / Surgical / Diagnostic Displays
• And High-End Gaming
The GCS1642 also features two USB 2.0 peripheral ports for asynchronously sharing USB devices between your computers. A powered USB hub may be attached to the peripheral ports for added functionality. Audio and microphone support makes sharing speakers and a microphone a convenience for the users which serves as an extra value.
The IOGEAR's DynaSync remembers your monitor's ideal resolution and refresh rate (EDID), making it possible to boot all your computers simultaneously, switch back and forth between computers, and still maintain the ideal video settings of the monitor.
The GCS1642 offers an out-of-box solution including all cabling required for “Set-up and Go”!
- DualView Dual-Link DVI support - Share 2 DVI monitors with a single keyboard and mouse along 2 computers
- High resolution - Up to 2560 x 1600
- Supports 3D graphics and gaming
- Multi OS platform support
- 2-port USB 2.0 hub for peripherals sharing
- Asynchronous hotkey switching between KVM focus, USB peripheral, and Audio ports
- IOGEAR's DynaSync reads and remembers the monitor's parameters (EDID) so there is no delay or change of video resolution when switching between, or booting computers*
- HDCP Compliant
- Audio enabled - Microphone support and full bass response provides 2.1 stereo sound
- Complete keyboard and mouse emulation for error free booting and real-time switching
- Computer switching via front panel pushbuttons or hotkeys
- Supports MAC and Sun keyboard and special keys
- Firmware upgradeable
- Plug & Play - No software installation required
- All cables included
*IOGEAR’s DynaSync provides the EDID support for Windows(R) 7
Function GCS1642 Computer Connections Direct 2 Port Selection Hotkeys or Pushbutton Console Connectors Monitor 2 x Dual Link DVI-I Female Keyboard 1 x USB Type A Female Mouse 1 x USB Type A Female Audio 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green) Microphone 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink) CPU Connectors Monitor 4 x Dual Link DVI-I Female Keyboard & Mouse 2 x USB Type B Female Audio 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green) Microphone 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink) Switches F/W Upgrade 1 x 4-conductor 3.5mm Jack Port Selection 3 x Pushbutton Power Connections 1 x DC Jack Connectors USB 2 x USB Type A Female LEDs Mode 1 (Orange) KVM 2 (Green) Audio 2 (Green) USB Peripherals 2 (Green) Emulation Keyboard USB Mouse USB Video Resolution Single Link DVI: 1920x1200; Dual Link DVI: 2650x1600 Scan Interval 1~99 seconds (5 seconds by default) Power Voltage DC 5.3V Amps 2.4A Environment Operation Temperature 0~50°C Storage Temperature -20~60°C Humidity 0~80% RH, Non-condensing Housing Case Metal Dimensions GCS1642 Unit Dimensions Width 10.2 in [26 cm] Height 1.7 in [4.4 cm] Depth 2.9 in [7.45 cm] Unit Package Dimensions Width 12.8 in [32.5 cm] Height 8.3 in [21 cm] Depth 3.9 in [10 cm] Master Carton Width 13.2 in [33.5 cm] Height 10in [25.4 cm] Depth 12.8 in [32.5 cm] Master Carton Qty. 3 Weight Master Carton Wt. 21 lbs Unit Pack Wt. 6.6 lbs Unit Wt. w/accessories 6.6 lbs Unit Wt. 2 lbs Physical Properties Housing Metal