IOGEAR’s GCL1816 is an integrated LCD console with 16 port KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) switch that offers secure access to 16 VGA, USB or PS/2 computers. It features a convenient rack mountable sliding / retractable 17" TFT LCD active matrix monitor and keyboard with built-in touchpad for a space-saving and streamlined integration. For added convenience it also supports an external USB mouse. An extra USB / PS/2 console port is provided on the rear panel to manage the LCD KVM switch from an external console (monitor, keyboard, and mouse). All this in a universal 1U rack mount space.
The GCL1816 supports both PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice for the connected computers, and the GCL1816 supports USB peripheral devices to be used with the attached computers. A single GCL1816 can control up to 16 computers. As many as 16 additional compatible KVM switches can be cascaded to reach up to 256 computers* controlled from a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse console.
- Increases space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components
- An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation
*Cascade with other IOGEAR KVM’s; GCS1808’s or GCS1716’s.
- Integrated 16-port KVM console featuring a 17" TFT LCD active matrix monitor, keyboard and touchpad
- 1280 x 1024 resolution on 17" rack mount LCD provides a sharp video display
- Adjustable depth to fit different sizes of racks
- Multi platform OS support - Windows®, Mac, Sun Solaris™ , and Linux®
- Easy to operate - computer selection via front panel pushbutton LED’s, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and hotkeys
- External USB mouse port for convenience
- External USB or PS/2 with VGA Console port
- USB media port support for attached USB computers (system upgrades, etc) **
- Cascade up to 2 levels - control up to 256 computers from a single console*
- Security - 2 level password protection for OSD
- DDC Emulation - Video settings of each computer are automatically adjusted for optimal output to the monitor
- Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rack
- Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation
- Fully Supports DDC2B
*Cascade with IGOEAR 8/16-Port VGA Combo KVM Switch (Model No. GCS1808 and GCS1716)
**Only systems connected with the USB KVM cables will be able to access the front USB port for system upgrades and shared peripherals
Function GCL1816 Computer Connections Direct 16 Daisy Chain or Cascading 256 Port Selection OSD, Hotkeys, Pushbuttons Connectors Console 1 x SPHD-18 Male Power 1 x 3-Prong AC Socket Console Connectors Monitor 1 x HDB-15 Female Keyboard PS/2 or USB Mouse PS/2 or USB Extra Mouse 1 x USB Type A Female Flash ROM Upgrade 1 x RJ-11 Female CPU Connectors Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor 16 x SPHD-15 Female Switches Reset 1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton Power 1 x Rocker Switch F/W Upgrade 1 x Switch LCD Adjustment 4 x Pushbutton LCD Power 1 x LED Pushbutton (Orange) Port Selection 4 x Pushbutton LEDs On Line 16 (Orange) Port ID 4 x 7 Segment LED Display (Yellow) Power On Dark Green Emulation Keyboard PS/2, USB Mouse PS/2, USB Video Resolution 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz; DDC2B Scan Interval 1-255 Seconds Power Input Rating Per AC Power Inlet, 50/60Hz 100~240VAC. 50/60Hz, 1A Power Consumption 120V, 28W Environment Operation Temperature 0~40°C Storage Temperature -20~60°C Humidity 0~80% RH; Non-condensing Housing Case Metal and Plastic Dimensions GCL1816 Unit Dimensions Width 19in. Height 1.75in. Depth 25in. Unit Package Dimensions Width 26.75in. Height 5.5in. Depth 28.5in. Weight Unit Pack Wt. 44.36lb Unit Wt. w/accessories 34.32lb Unit Wt. 29.03lb