The GCS1716 KVM is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 256 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 16 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 256 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the GCS1716 features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.The GCS1716 includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The GCS1716 intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.GCS1716KIT Included Cables:
- 6 x 2M USB KVM cable (G2L5202U)
- 6 x 3M USB KVM cable (G2L5203U)
- 2 x 2M PS/2 KVM cable (G2L5202P)
- 2 x 3M PS/2 KVM cable (G2L5203P)Benefits:
- Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice.
Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution.
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components.
- An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation.
- Multi platform OS support - Windows®, Mac, Sun Solaris™ , and Linux®
- Easy to operate - computer selection via front panel LED’s, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and hotkeys
- *Cascade up to 2 levels - control up to 256 computers from a single console
- Security - 2 level password protection for OSD
- Maximum video resolution: up to 2048 x 1536
- ** Front USB Port - Fully compliant with USB 1.1 for system upgrades and shared peripherals
- Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rack
- Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation
- Fully Supports DDC2B
*(Firmware update is now available at http://www.iogear.com/support/dm/)
** Only systems connected with the USB KVM cables will be able to access the front USB port for system upgrades and shared peripherals.
Function GCS1716KIT Computer Connections Direct 16 Daisy Chain or Cascading 256 (via Cascade) Port Selection Hotkeys, OSD, Button Connectors Console 1 x SPHD-18 Male (Yellow) Computer/KVM 16 x SPHD-15 Female (Yellow) Power 1 x DC Jack USB 1 x USB 1.1 Type A Female Reset Switch 1 x Semi-Recessed Push Button Switches F/W Upgrade 1 x Slide Switch Port Selection 16 x Push Button Emulation Keyboard PS/2, USB Mouse PS/2, USB Video Resolution VGA 2048x1536, DDC2B Power Voltage DC 5.3V Amps 2.4A Scan Interval 1-255 sec Environment Operation Temperature 0~50C Storage Temperature -20~60C Humidity 0~80% RH, Non-condensing Housing Case Metal Dimensions GCS1716KIT Unit Dimensions Width 17in. Height 1.75in. Depth 6.25in. Unit Package Dimensions Width 10.25in. Height 9.625in. Depth 22.375in. Weight Unit Pack Wt. 18.39lb Unit Wt. w/accessories 15.61lb Unit Wt. 6.02lb