GCS1804 is the latest addition to IOGEAR's market leading KVM product line. It is a 4-port KVMP switch with stereo audio ports and an integra ted 2-port USB 2.0 hub. Now, users can control up to four computers and share two additional USB peripherals from a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse console.
It features the paten
ted asynchronous switching, which allows the user to independently switch applications between the connec ted computers. You can run an application on one computer while running another application on the other. Moreover, the integra ted 2-port USB 2.0 hub is available for each computer to share multiple peripherals connec ted directly to the hub or via daisy chaining external powered USB 2.0 hubs. Access to such peripherals is performed on a one-at-a-time basis. Additionally, IOGEAR's Display Emulation Technology* makes the switch intelligent to read and remember the monitor's optimal display parameters and refresh rate. Finally, the audio ports allow for connecting powered PC speakers for stereo sound and a single microphone for audio input/output to each computer.
Switching between computers can be done in three convenient ways: 1) push button port selection loca
ted on the unit's front panel, 2) an On Screen Display (OSD) selection panel, and 3) a "Hotkey" programmable combinations entered from the keyboard.
Setup is fast and easy; simply plug the cables into their appropriate ports. There is no software to configure or install. Also, the included
USB to PS/2 converter permits flexible configurations for the keyboard and mouse.
*IOGEAR’s Display Emulation Technology provides the EDID support for Windows 7
*PS/2 KVM Cables are available and sold seperately.
- 4-port KVMP switch w/ built-in 2-port High Speed USB 2.0 compliant hub
- Dual interface - Supports computers with PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse configurations*
- Audio enabled - Full bass response provides 2.1 stereo sound
- Console audio ports on front panel for easy access
- Independent switching of KVM, USB, and Audio
- Maximum VGA video resolution 2048 x 1536 - Supports widescreen monitors
- Three convenient computer switching methods - Front panel push button, On Screen Display (OSD), or programmable Hotkeys
- Display Emulation Technology – Reads and remembers the display's optimal parameters (DDC) to eliminate delays or change in video resolutino when swithcing between or booting computers
- Console mouse port emulation bypass feature supports programmable mice
- Complete keyboard emulation for error free booting
- Sun/Mac keyboard support and emulation**
- Auto Scan Mode for sequentially monitoring all computers
- LED display for easy status monitoring
- Complete solution – All cables included
- Easy installation – No software required
** PC keyboard combinations emulate Sun/Mac keyboards and Sun keyboards only work with Sun computers
Function GCS1804 CPU Connectors Mouse USB or PS/2 Keyboard USB or PS/2 Monitor VGA Microphone Standard Audio 2.1 sound Peripherals USB 2.0 Console Connectors Mouse USB Keyboard USB Monitor VGA Microphone Standard Audio 2.1 sound Power Voltage 5.3 VDC Video Resolution 2048 x 1536 DDC2B Computer Connections Direct 4 Cable Connections Input USB Output USB LEDs USB Peripherals Green Port ID Orange Dimensions GCS1804 Unit Dimensions Width 7.9 in [20.1 cm] Height 1.6 in [4.1 cm] Depth 2.9 in [7.4 cm] Unit Package Dimensions Width 12.9 in [32.8 cm] Height 8.4 in [21.3 cm] Depth 4.0 in [10.2 cm] Master Carton Width 17.5 in [44.4 cm] Height 13.8 in [35.0 cm] Depth 12.9 in [32.8 cm] Master Carton Qty. 6 ea Weight Master Carton Wt. 31.6 lbs [14.3 kg] Unit Pack Wt. 5.2 lbs [2.4 kg] Unit Wt. 1.6 lbs [.72 kg ]